I had ordered heartguard from before i started reading the reviews and I was honestly expecting to never see the meds and when I did get them they would be expired.I had no problem with them.

the meds were well within date I bought them July 2017 and expiration date is good through Oct 2019. It did take about 17 days for them to get to my house but considering where they were coming from i don't think that is so bad. and the price was not bad at all. So, I had a good experience with them and will use them again in the future.

I would also tell others to use them. I think it is ridiculous that the vet will refuse to give you heartguard without having to pay for bloodwork to ck for heartworms when you have been giving heartworm meds every month and you have a dog that barely goes outside. not to mention that the active ingredient in heartguard only kills eggs and larva in the bloodstream, so even if they happen to have some adults attached the chances are so slim that they will detach and cause a block in the heart that it is not worth your dog having to get the blood work and the cost of it. I had a dog that was diagnosed with heart worms after only missing a couple of months of taking heartguard (which you can get a false positive heartworm test, it happens all the time).

Back then the vet that I was going to would let you sign a waiver waiving their liability if your dog died and I just continued to give him heartguard right on time evey month from then on and 4 yrs later i had him tested again and he had no sign of heart worms anymore.

The adult heartworm only lives for about 4 yrs and then just desentigrates.If they don't have a very bad case of them there is no reason to do all the treatment for them and you can get x-rays to find out how bad an infestation they have.

Review about: Merial Heartgard Plus Dewormer.

Reason of review: Fair pricing.